February 5, 2019 marks the start of the Year of The Earth Pig – and here’s my non-chinese guide to enjoying the Chinese New Year!
1. Meet your Chinese friends and get a hold of their calendar so you don’t miss out on all those events!
2. Look for the pig mascot and get yourself an awesome chinese new year profile pic for Facebook and Instagram!
3. Spend time with the Chinese community and appreciate their culture and stories!
4. Zodiacs, Feng-shui tips, all things lucky
- Lucky Numbers are: 4, 6, 8
- Lucky Colors: Yellow, Gray, Brown, Gold
- Lucky Days: 2nd, 7th, 10th, 11th
- Lucky Directions: Southest & Northeast
- Things to expect in the Year of the Earth Pig: 2019 is a great year to make money and a good year to invest! It is going to be full of joy, a year of friendship and love for all the zodiac signs; an auspicious year because the Pig attracts success in all the spheres of life.
5. Try being Chinese for a day! Have fun with them and allow them to showcase their traditions and beliefs – food especially!… at the end of the day, it’s about coexistence and respect and the beauty of beginnings!
“Gong Hei Fat Choy!” – wishing you great happiness and prosperity!
“Xin Nian Kuai Le!” – happy new year!